Sunday, May 8, 2011

I never thought...

Today is Mother's Day and for some reason I have this overwhelming feeling of emotions that I didn't know existed until now.  I never thought the coveted title of "Mother" would be so hard to obtain and celebrate (well in my case, not celebrate).  While it has been a difficult road I never thought I would be the star of my very own pity party!  This totally sucks! 

Although, I am always the person full of cheer and excitement everytime I hear the announcement of another baby on the way; today's start has proven to be a struggle.  It's been a day to reflect that the time for the coveted title has not come for me yet.  Yet being the opportune word.  As I continue to remain hopeful, I am just feeling at a loss today, so empty, so empty. 

So with these feelings, I turn to my favorite prayer to get through the day and hope in sharing it with others that it provides the same level of comfort it does for me to you, especially on a day like today.  My wish for those ladies experiencing the same kind of emptiness is to celebrate your own special kind of day on this Mother's Day.  For all of you Mommies desiring, dreaming and hoping to one day be that special someone to that little someone I leave you in this special prayer...

Serenity Prayer

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.


No comments:

Live passionately, love passionately...know no boundaries!